Sunday, March 16, 2008

Chilli and Garlic

The mid-term break started yesterday. Quite naturally my day now, begins in the afternoon. I have like 7000 thousand jobs to finish, and the sickening food is not helping. Looks like I am sticking to the it-is-not-vacation-unless-you-ruin-your-system-internalizing-
obscene-amounts-of-junk-food-and-countless-hours-of-
meaningless-television rule.

I practically starve throughout the day because of the lack of real food in my body. Why?

Because I am too lazy too wake up for breakfast. Lunch? Well either I am sleeping through that too, or having had some junk to silence the riot in my tummy induced by the absence of breakfast, I am too full for lunch. So I miss that as well. Dinner, well for that either I am watching something too interesting and leaving that midway would be just wrong, or the menu sucks, or maybe the fact that I will be having the meal on my own gets the best of me and prevents my butt from moving anywhere close to the dining hall.

So yesterday I survived the afternoon on some batter-coated peanuts and momo sauce, then I went out food hunting. For the first I was actually looking for something healthy. Didn’t find anything. So I settled for some Lays with cheese spread and some more momo sauce. In the evening the dining hall serves refreshment, so I had a bread roll, and there was some green slime colored beverage which put me off at the first sight, it was sour and salty and spicy, I haven’t a clue what it was supposed to be, it was just so, so bad. So, yeah, that was all I had yesterday.

Today, clearly hasn’t been any better either, except I seem to have moved onto the actual food group, I made noodles and put some momo sauce into it to make it somewhat less bland, and yes even now there is more of that threatingly fiery sauce left.

Lets wait and see now what the rest of the day fetches.


I finally rolled up my winter clothes and stashed them away into a laundry bag. They had been lying around for over a month now as winter had long left us to battle it out with the scorching and the sweating and the panting. Long, long back. But my clothes had settled onto my chair. If they had remained there any longer they probably would have sprouted roots that would have subtly invaded into the foam-cushioned back of the chair.

I still have a lot more cleaning and dusting and washing and drying and folding to do. Not to mention the enormous amount of reading and writing and researching I am supposed to drown myself into. But that will have to wait. My room is at the brink of metamorphosising into a glorified pigsty.

Help, anybody?

1 comment:

Coal Miner's Granddaughter said...

Oh, honey, if I lived anywhere near Kolkata, India, I'd come help. I know what you mean about packing up seasonal clothes. I will need to pack away my kids' winter clothes within the next month and then said clothes will need to be sold (because not only is the season over, but they've grown out of the clothes). Yeesh.

Also? The food thing? You're bringing back my college memories. I hardly ate during my four years of college. The campus food was HORRIBLE. I would have rather eaten tree bark. Seriously.