Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Who's the boss?

So, computers. Who said they can't be the most vicious, most formidable, most exhausting monster you will face?

So what if this horrible horrible little piece of scareware/malware has slurched all the way down your throat, into the lowest point of your gut. So what if barely a month before your GRE and college applications has technology decided to turn your life upside down, so much so that you are actually enjoying the change of pace that this unexpected threat has brought along?

Oh, no! You have to hate it. You have to fret.


On a different note, I held a guitar yesterday, at BestBuy, and instantly fell in love with it. I have no idea how bad I will be at it. But right at that moment, when I cradled that beautiful piece of woodwork in my arms, there is nothing I wanted more than to just take it home. And then my brain fought it way back, kicking my 'aww'-ing heart in its shins, and reminded me how I need to save money. Cliptt! That was my heart being shut back in its cage again.

Ah well, maybe someday.



___________________________________________________________________

2 comments:

Coal Miner's Granddaughter said...

I have decided that computers are the bane of humanity. Guitars, on the other hand, are cool as all heck. :)

Narcoleptic said...

Yeah, but computers let nerds like us blog, don't they? =)