Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Minneapolis '09

I went over to my aunt's place, over at Minneapolis for a few days. We then traveled to Duluth and beyond. This picture was taken with my cousin (left) at Gooseberry Falls State Park, which happens to be very close to Canada. I loved the water there, even jumped around the boulders a little. There is something very alluring about nature, something I don't realize until I am planted right at the middle of it, with wild lizards crawling around me.




My mother's birthday happened to coincide with one of the days of my visit there. She wasn't there, but my aunt (mom's sister) thought it would be nice to have a cake all the same. Apparently I qualified as the next of kin. There was a pink ribbon and everything.

_________________________________________________________________

2 comments:

Coal Miner's Granddaughter said...

I love waterfalls. The power of the water, eroding and washing away the rock, and the soothing sound all in one. Wonderful pictures, hon!

Narcoleptic said...

Me too, somehow they make everything around them very very real, if you know what I mean.